IMS fuel tank

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. i just ordered an IMS tank for my warrior. anyone got one and have anything to say about them, good or bad? thanks!

they look goofy... I don't remember hearing about any problems with them before though.

Is that thing a gas hog with your engine mods? I can still ride all day on the stock tank, and have some left over.

well, when i ride trails i normally go fairly fast and like to play around. also, i weigh about 210 pounds, so the warrior hauls around some extra weight to begin with in addition to the motor mods. i guess with the way i ride its always been a bit of a gas hog. im not too worried about it looking goofy. its not a race bike and not in a beauty contest. if anything makes it look goofy its the giant headlights! lol well maybe ill take care of them next. thanks for the input yamarider. anyone else?

You can get them on ebay right now for 125 buy it now or 85 bidding and they are brand new... i think there was 3

i just bought one of the tanks off ebay
no one was bidding so i won at the $85 opening bid
showed up in 2 days after i paypaled
tank fills in lower section mostly
top of tank is higher with notches for bar swing
only had to elongate one of the bracket holes to fit
works mint and no leaks....knock on wood :)

couple pix with desert tank
eb76b9f4.jpg
eb76b9c9.jpg

y do u guys need big azz tanks? i can ride all day on one tank easy

I could use one, but not sure yet if they make them for the Rappy. I rode 2 1/2 hours last weekend, started with 3/4 tank of gas, and had to ride back to the truck on reserve :eek: Damn gas hog....

yakuza
ims lists a tank for all raptors..$225
rocky mountain has the tanks for the raptor 660 on sale for $199
i'de call ims and double check the part # with them..they are probally the same on all raptors

as for the need for a desert tank....i live in california..large riding area's
i just got back last night from a place called clear creek ohv

50,000 acres of blm land..starts at 2000 ft and goes to over 5000 ft elev
takes about 1-2 hrs to go from ridge top to ridge top
you could ride for days and not see all the trails

1 of the guys i rode with had to go back down for fuel 2 x's
1 hr ride to get back each time
i refilled up my 4 gal tank late in afternoon and used a total of 5+ gallons for 9 hrs of riding

r350, like dax said, when you go to large riding areas you need more gas. also, you can run longer if you have more gas! makes sense huh? also, you can probably run all day on a single tank because from looking at your sig, you dont have a lot of motor mods. when you start changing exhaust, intake, pistons, stroke, and jetting, you are going to use more fuel.

well anyways, i have some news. apparently there are some retards working at IMS because when my tank was shipped to me they sent me the instructions and mounting kit for a blaster instead of a warrior. i called the company i got my tank from, the guy called IMS and they are shipping out the right kit today. i guess i cant be too pissed about the whole thing because i have been too busy to ride lately and the weather has been kinda crappy on my days off. also, i got a free IMS hat with my tank, so that was pretty cool. anyway, i gotta go to work. later yall!

I've got an IMS on mine, and I rather like it. For those extended rides they're really nice especially in long trail rides that are 60+ mile loop, or for Glamis :).

Here's mine with the tank newly mounted.
100_0489.jpg

Check out Justgastanks.com for either Clarke or IMS tanks. $175 for the Clarke's which are 3.4 gallons, and the IMS are $195 but are 3.8 gallons. With shipping and tax I paid $220. Heads up though, IMS sometimes ships out their Warrior tanks with Blaster mounting kits, and the directions suck, not that you really need them. But they will send you a new kit, no charge, if this happens. Hope this helps.

well i have an update on the ims tank. my warrior has been sitting for a while because i had some isues with sprockets. apparently you can somehow end up spinning off the nut that holds your front sprocket on the output shaft. it makes you think that you blew your tranny too! ha ha ha well anyways, its getting new sprockets & chain now (15 in front & stock size in rear). well while it was sitting somehow the gasket that seals your tank at the fuel valve dry rotted or something & started leaking. apparently lost a gallon or 2 of that wonderfully priced 91 octane gas before i noticed it. luckily it wasnt while i was riding. i think i can just seal it up with some of that black gasket stuff. just thought anyone who is getting or thinking about getting an ims tank might want to know that it could be an issue.

Back