winter riding gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
well, it's almost time for the weather to be COLD 24/7. i was just wondering what you guys wear for winter riding. i'm mainly looking for a good pair of warm gloves that still allow you to have a good grip on the bars. i've got a set of the powermadds and was thinking about picking up the wind deflector add-on. anyone tried them? anyway, i didnt know if anyone has any experience with name brand gear. didnt know if they allow you to still move comfortably.

all i wear is some big 1 piece carhart over halls that cover everything cept ur feet ( Winter boots ) your hands ( Carhart gloves ) and you head ( wollie cap with a full woolie face mask then the helmet) and it keeps me warm just fine

I got a pair of hunting gloves with thinsulate for 8 bucks 2 years ago just for riding in the winter, and they really work great. Hunting gloves are made so that you can feel what you're holding, and won't slip on it. (probably wouldn't be a good thing if you couldn't feel the trigger or hold onto the gun when hunting). That's nice for riding, becuause you still have a pretty good feel of all your controls, and my hands NEVER got cold with those, even when I didn't have the hand guards.

Just use some kind of overall (bib type) . I use my snowmobile bibs and they repel water and mud and are lightweight. wear them over jeans, get a good jacket and some long cuff snowmobile gloves and youll be set. If your light on cash get some carhart overalls and those cheap ass ski-gloves you get for under 10 bucks. You can get a cheap set of snowmobile bibs and gloves for under $100. I use a chest protector but just got a Tek-Vest to use this winter on my sled and my quad, cant wait to try it out.

I have the duck type insulated Dickey coveralls, snowmobile gloves, the silk sock head cover, and good snow boots to keep my feet warm. Even when it's 10°F out I sweat while riding, wearing this stuff, that should give a good idea.

Winter boots, Snowmobile gloves, flannel pants, Answer riding pants (freestyle zipoff kind, they are 05's I think), ski goggles, MX helmet and the vents duct taped.

Back