Works dual rates with rezzies

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorguy5

Reaction score
I recently upgrade from stock shocks to works, man what a difference it is a much flusher ride much easyier landings. These shocks are all around great shocks and look great. if any one Gets money to spend on there Warrior go with some Works duals with rezzies they are great all around and have a better price tag then your higher quality shocks such as axis, Elka, PEP.

~Eddie

I just got back from a 2 day ride at paragon with them, and honestly i gotta say I am a little disappointed in them. I don't know if maybe it was just that the shop accidentally ordered them for the stock length a-arms or what, but they seem really really soft. They wouldn't bottom out on jumps, but the ride height was low with me sitting on it, and when i'd get on the gas the front end would lift way up, then duck down like 4 or 5 inches when i let back off the gas. I ended up pounding my new bumper and twisting it because the front squatted so low on a g-out that the bumper hit a rock that was only sticking 2 inches up from the ground. And it actually cornered better with the stock shocks, now it really dives into a corner like a heavy utility quad does because they're so soft. They ride smooth over the rocks, but that's about the only good thing about them. Not that they're bad shocks, they're just set up way too soft for me. I'm going to send them back and get them to re-spring/re-valve them, since they have the unconditional thing that if you're not satisfied, then they will revalve and respring for free. Normally all you have to pay is shipping one way, but since i ordered them from the local shop, I think the shop will send them back for me.

By the way you explained them, it sounds like there way too soft, did you adjust the preload on them? If so then def send them back, sounds like they got your weight wrong. :mad:

I don't want to even mess around with the preload, it looks like a real pain in the ass to change, especially without a tool to compress the spring. I kinda have a feeling the shop just ordered me a standard valved and sprung shock like how rockymountain sells them, instead of ordering them straight from works for my specific setup. When I say soft, I mean like waaay softer than the stock shocks, on the lowest preload, with the flipped wheels was a good bit stiffer than the works are.

call works and say u ordered a set of shocks from a dealer and they are not on the right weight specs and listen to what they say ive talked to them about mine cause my bladers went bad in mine. and they are relly caring ppl and want to help u out with your prolbums and when u tell them they sent u the rong ones they willl revolve it for free it says in the paperwork u should of got u got 30 ot 40 days to tell them they need to be revalved

Got the problem corrected, and turns out it wasn't because of the shock valving. My camber was set pretty high, so the wheels were leaning in more then you would normally want them. Apparently this affects the leverage on the shocks somehow, because when I reset the camber angle to a more reasonable angle, the shocks felt a lot stronger. Now I can say i'm very satisfied with the works shocks. Smoother ride than stock, and handles the bumps and jumps much nicer.

Back