universal asv c/5 brake lever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
well, they said that it fit the blaster and banshee. i figured that since they are so similar, that it would fit the warrior. yes and no. you have to modify it to work. first off, the part that goes into the master cylinder bracket needs to be ground down about 1/16-1/8". after that is taken care of, the part that is supposed to hit the plunger on the master cylinder just barely hits the edge of the plunger. first i thought about drilling and tapping new holes on the master cylinder housing, but it only needs to be moved about 1/4". i figured if i grabbed the brake too hard, the bolt going through the new hole would break through and end up creating a slotted hole between the new and old hole. what i ended up doing is i drilled and tapped a hole in the lever, put in a bolt so that it hits the plunger. the other problem that i ran into is that there is no stop on the lever. in other words, if you are riding, the lever will flop so far foward that you can barely reach it. came up with a rubber stop that you cant see so that it stays in place. i'll try to take some pics of everything so that it makes more sense. it doesnt look too nigger rigged. wanted matching levers so it was worth it.

part of my problem was i had already bought a silver c/5 clutch lever and wanted the brake lever to match. unfortunately, asv doesnt make silver in those models anymore. it was either buy the used universal (which i think it was actually a new leftover) that was silver or sell the clutch lever and buy both of them new in black, red or blue.

it seems to work fine. i will probably get a rated bolt that i had to put in it to reach the plunger. definitely dont want that giving out in the middle of riding.

asvbrakemod.jpg

that kinda shows the bolt that i put in so that it would work

Back