buyin new shiznat

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02warrior350

Reaction score
ordered myself some new grips and handguards on saturday, i had some extra money lol..i had to get a new battery anyway so i figured what the hell. I ordered the scott comp II and the maier handguards, anyone have any experience with either of those? they should be here by the end of the week :D

i have those same grips, I like em, just that they keep twisting on the bar. I used some hairspray on them (acts like a lube to help them on then sets up into a glue to keep them on) and they have been mint since.

well..i thought ahead and bought the grip stick that comes seperate from them lol, only like 2 bucks, i figured it would help

grip glue never worked for me. There's only one thing that ever really worked to hold my grips on the bars, and that's safety wire. I've tried all the tricks; hair spray, electical tape and gasoline, rubber cement, spray paint, grip glue, double sided tape for golf clubs, and everything else i could think of, and my grips always ended up twisting off when they got wet

well...i'll attempt the grip glue ,and if that doesnt work lol....i'll find a way i'm sure

does it make a difference what they say they are for?? On rockymountain, it says they are for twist throttle.

You need to get the ones made for atvs, the difference is that twist throttle grips are larger on the right side

i got my grips on...and yeah i actually took the time to spare the stockers...in case i ever need them lol...and so far the glue has worked fine, i cleaned it off good and let it dry the right amount of time, so i think i'll be ok i posted pics of them in the pics section :D

I got the same grips too. They are pretty col. I have moose hand guards on mine and I hate them. How are yours. Mine suck for clutching real quick or wheelies. The clutch lever hits the guard. I think it is just the brand. My buddy has them and has the same problem. Let us know how you like yours.

well...i went out riding for a bit yesterday and they work great, plenty of space for your hands. Theres about 2-3 inches of space when the levers all the way out so you dont have to worry about the lever hitting, only thing i need now is leg guards lol, damn pricker bushes...

ive had the best luck with the renthal grip glue adn the wire but the glue works u need to scuff your fars up just a bit for the clue to stick relly good and let it set for a day or to and now i cant get my grips off my bars but to cut them off

Latest posts

Back