What tire?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the market for new tires, I already decided on holeshot sx's for the front, but i need some ideas for the rear.
The tires are fro the track, and this particular track is soft dirt. Any one have any good suggestions? I dont want to run mxr4's again becuase they tend to wear down REALLY fast.
thanks for any and all help!!!!!

I bought a full set of Razrs and I really like them. I have had no problems except my rim is a little messed and I loose the bead every now and than. For trail riding they are perfect for me, and I know they make a MX version of the tire which is alot harder.

definatly dont go razr!!!

i've had them on my warrior and they felt bald coompared to holeshots. try the kenda knarly sc. Sc stands for soft terrain and the tires don't wear nearly as easy.

i'm probrobly hooking my r up with some mxr6's.... i'll let you know how that works out.

-ant

I don't mean to use this as a Hijack, But has anyone tried the Holeshot GNCC yet? It looks like a decent tire with good mud shedding, and good soft terrain qualities.
~Bill

I'm runnen the kenda knarly's ........ I likem and there wearing very well.

I don't mean to use this as a Hijack, But has anyone tried the Holeshot GNCC yet? It looks like a decent tire with good mud shedding, and good soft terrain qualities.
~Bill
i talked to guy and he said alot of guys are running the gncc front tire but the rear wears down too fast

yea he said most people are running HD rear and gncc front

I think your thinking of the I-Razr's and the GNCC looking similiar, these are the 2:
I-Razr's
I-Razrs.jpg

GNCC's
HoleshotGNCC.jpg

I think I like the I-Razr's better, But have yet to hear anything about them both compared to each other. All I heard was the rears wear down quickly, from this thread. Though it does look like the GNCC has taller lugs on it.
~Bill

Actually, I forgot to specify, btu i was talkign about the fronts lol. I thought the front razr 1's, not I-razr, and the holeshot gncc fronts look identical.

I have ridden on I- razr's. Great tire for the woods, I tried them out on a yfz set up for gncc in the gncc trails at seminole, They preformed great. If they had an mx version i would definetly go with those!
I think im just gonna grab a pair of holeshot sx's or mxr6, which ever i find cheaper.

I would buy the new knarly or klaws by kenda, they will outlast just about anything out there, i had the same set for 4 years and they still have over 50% tread.

Back