Noss Machine Case Saver

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelphrey

Reaction score
I got the Noss Machine case saver in today, and actually from the pictures I saw on the site it looks MUCH better then what I thought. Of course I haven't fully tested out the case saving part of it, it will protect the case a little bit atleast unlike the stock plastic chain gaurd. I emailed the company and David Noss replied very fast with shipping and total price. I ordered it on Tuesday and I got it today (well Friday). Very easy install the stock chain gaurd has 3 8mm bolts holding it in and the case saver uses 2 stock bolts in the stock locations.

They gave me a free Noss Machine sticker, which I have not put any stickers on my bike unless they are Yamaha yet. I like to keep people guessing.

http://www.nossmachine.com/yamaha_atv_parts.htm

They only show a pic of the inside. But the outside has says "warrior" on the top and "noss machine" on the bottom.

I'll take some pictures of it when I get a few more parts in. I've installed 2 or 3 new parts and have 2 or 3 more on the way currently. Its easy for me to forget since I have stuff showing up almost daily!!!

I was going to get one of his clamp on filter kits but he never emailed me back about shipping to Canada. I went with my durablue kit instead.

if your chain breaks, it keeps it from possibly cracking your case. i highly recommend them. i'd put one up on the list as high as a skid plate

How thick is the actual sheet metal that protects the case from chain breaks??? It looks thin as hell on their site... After not finding anything thicker I built the 'boo' I have now with .190 aluminum, very beefy!!!

I dunno if it will stop a chain from craken the case..............but it looks kewl!!!

Not sure of the size, but I do know that this does actually hug the case unlike the stock plastic part. It might not protect the case 100% but its a high percentage then the stock plastic.

The stock plastic doesn't even go between the case and chain, only outside of both. Does the noss machine change this??? The curved aluminum piece should fit between that flap on the case and the actual chain. Any I've ever seen always claim to be a case saver and they don't even have a actual guard in there. Hurry the f*ck up and get some pics of it installed and such, we've never seen one besides on the noss site!!! ;) ;D

if Pelphrey dosnt post pics i will. and yes it dose go between the case and chain unlike the plastic one.

Eddie

Okay, this might be a dumb question but here it goes....

With the chain saver you loose most of the cover over the sprocket right???...

What keeps a pant leg, or some other article of clothing from getting sucked in between the gear and chain?

I remember this guy that was riding out in Little Sahara that was riding without a chain guard on and it sucked his pant leg in it making a big ass mess. He could not get it out for nothing and had to take off his pants and be towed back in where he could pull his sprocket. Funny as hell.

The case saver for the warrior covers the chain just as much as the stock one.

warrior_cs_back_small.jpg

With the type that just loops around the front and lets the sprocket exposed, yes you would run the risk of getting your pants stuck in there if they were extremely baggy, but you probably shouldn't be wearing loose clothing when riding anyways.

Okay, that one looks much better. I was picturing one like this.

450cs1.jpg

The guy that got his pants stuck that I saw appeared to have normal style pants. I doubt if the average person would even think of something getting caught in the sprocket till it was too late though. ;D

i wish i would have got a case saver i flung my chain off busted a hole in the case so now its just patched up with jb weld

man, you have no clue how many times I've had my pants go through the chain and sprocket.... I always tuck my pants into my sock the best I can when I ride now.

i just got an email back from NOSS and they want $72 for these things shipped... HOLY ****! that seems like a lot of money to me and i am know to throw money at stuff like an idiot... good chance ill be developing my own possible a few extra if there is interest....

Yupp, I think I paid about that as well. Hecker told me he got his for $40 or so. I have no idea how he pulled that scam. $72 or a whole new case + the time to take it apart and put it back together? Hummm, think I'll pay for the protection.

broken cases are never good but i think i make one before i pay that... i would have went $50 or so but not $72... i got a friend that can cut, bend, weld, and grind one up real fast

Latest posts

Back