shorty clutch lever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
i'm looking for a clutch perch and lever for my warrior. all the ones that i find either dont say they are for a warrior or say dirtbike only. which ones have you guys bought that work?

Go to Rocky mountain..or get a 300 or 400ex shifter and do a little bending to it..

the moose fly clutch perch setup is nice. not too expensive either.
ef305212.jpg

it was nice too because the other day i was riding and ended up getting rolled out of nowhere (caught a little sapling hiding in the brush on the side of the trail) and the lever and perch didnt break when the bike rolled over onto the bars! it just twisted like it said it was supposed to do! its nice when something works correctly. also, if you are looking into some new bars, i recommend the pro taper contour bars and oversize clamp adapters. when it went up on the bars the other day they didnt bend at all! very strong and look great!

i thought i saw a review on bluetraxx (not a member, just cruising the product reviews) that said it wasnt very good. i think its just about the same thing as the moose setup that i have posted above though. msr does make the shorty setup with the "easy pull" adjustment on the lever, but i dont know how well it works. i would just work on those arms and handstrength and pull it! lol

what i cant figure out is why would perches for different bikes be any different? a 7/8" bar is a 7/8" bar. i dont want to order something and find out it wont fit. i might just check the local shops.

[quote:iqd1bs7i]http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=115&productId=p57757&l eafCatId=11507&mmyId=#altImages

There you go, i put my stock lever in there and it works great. Got mine about 5 years ago at a yamaha dealer and hung it up cause i didnt need it bought the warrior and used it.
Are those universal? I'll pick up a set today if they are![/quote:iqd1bs7i]

Should fit just about anything old or new.

hmmm, ten dollar perch, with stock lever with is great, or 40 dollar perch and clutch lever which isnt needed..............

I know which one sounds better :D

But stock levers suck. It may seem fine, but replace it with an aftermarket lever that has a brass or bearing pivot and you'll be glad you did. Aluminum creates a lot of friction and wears out quickly, which makes the pull rougher and harder, and the lever is all jiggly. A lever with a bearing or even a cheaper one with the brass pivot works much smoother and easier, and will last 10x as long as stock style levers.

But stock levers suck. It may seem fine, but replace it with an aftermarket lever that has a brass or bearing pivot and you'll be glad you did. Aluminum creates a lot of friction and wears out quickly, which makes the pull rougher and harder, and the lever is all jiggly. A lever with a bearing or even a cheaper one with the brass pivot works much smoother and easier, and will last 10x as long as stock style levers.
Maybe on the warriors, but my clutch is the smoothest thing on earth. I remember my warrior clutch, now that thing was a pain in the ass, i can understand replacing both perch and lever if it makes it easier for the warrior ride.

buy a new clutch lever for the Z you will see risding you have never seen before
lol I really dont need one dude, Everyone who has rode my bike thinks the previous owner has swapped the clutch with a dirtbike or something becasue it really is SUPER soft, I rode my freinds kx125 that has a short lever, it wasnt bad, but i prefer my stock z lever.

I have a msr pro raptor and its good. It as a nice easy pull.

And yet the same lever had been used on my quad since 2001, its has some play in it, but thats how all clutches ive run across have been. My pull is like butter, not as easy as some but im also running h/d cltuch springs and an extra plate, i have no problems. Aftermarket perch and lever combo's are better, but when i roll my quad and break a perch ill only be out 10 bucks, and some will be out over 50 bucks.

Back