AC Grab Bar

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelphrey

Reaction score
Awhile back I ordered the AC grab bar from www.magicracing.com as some of you already know. One day last week I was pulling some slow wheelies on the road in front of my house and came up too high and scraped the crap out of it already. No big deal there, it actually gets worse from here.

I've rode for the past 3 days for atleast an hour everyday. Never had a problem out of it until today. Well today I was riding alone so no one got to laugh at me. But today I was riding doing some of my favorite wheelies. Starting from a stand still in 2nd gear using both the foot brake and gas to creep along SLOWLY pointing towards the sky. Well with a little too much gas and not enough brake the warrior stood straight up. Next thing I know its coming backwards, Im still holding on with my hands and my feet are still on the foot pegs right foot is slamming the foot brake. That does no good unless the back tires are on the ground.

Anyway the warrior rolls back. Picture me doing a backflip but with my back on the ground. HAHAHA...Now the warrior the heaviest machine in its class is directly on top of me. My arms are extended keeping it off my body and my legs are pushing the foot pegs up so yeah the quad is off the ground completly. I had to roll it on its side then stand up and put it back on all 4 wheels..

Luckily I was doing a SLOW wheelie and not a fast one. However my stock grab bar never done this to me and I have stood my bike up in 3rd gear with the stock grab bar on and it just stood straight up and eventually stopped. Not the AC, it is much shorter.

The AC looks better, and the only reason I bought it was becuase my stock grab bar was bent up just a little bit. There is a pretty good chance I'll bent it back down, or look for a stock one off ebay and put it back on. I can't trust this grab bar now.

Like I said I could see this being a problem if I was in 3rd or 4th gear, but I was in 2nd gear. Moving a few inches stopping and moving a few more inches just mainly keeping my balance. Too bad I don't have a video of it becuase I can still replay this in slow motion in my head. Even while it was happening it was slow motion. I had learned to trust my stock grab bar and thought this one would do the same.

Little did I know for 50 bucks I would be buying a 400 pound weight set!!!! I'm not really wanting to bench press my quad on a regular basis..

Well, It's nice the hear your OK. Like you said if you was in 3rd or 4th you would not have been so lucky. Put that stock bar back on.

Man, glad you are okay. That could of been ugly real quick. Especially if the quad would to roll to the right and trap your leg under it while the exhaust is laying on you.

Hopefully by your misfortune everybody knows to check the length on grab bars now to make sure they are not shorter than the stock ones. Like you said the stock ones are the perfect length they stand the bike straight up and rarely let the bike go any further.

damn well is this the same for the raptor? cauuse i was just gonna try and stand it up doing a wheelie and now im having second thoughts... cause i have a ac grab bar that i was gonna sell... and good to hear ur not hurt...

damn dude!!! if that would have happened to me, i would have been crushed. when you posted pictures of it after you put it on, that was the first thing that came to my mind. i didnt know if it was that short or if it was just the way it looked in the picture. glad to hear you came out ok though. i've been thinking about getting a new grab bar but i might just be keepin the stocker for a while.

Back