holeshot hd's rock!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
well, after a long recovery from a broken collar bone, i was finally able to hit the trails and ride. over my "break" i bought a set of front hd's and rode on them for the first time today. they hook up great. there were a lot of off camber turns on some pretty steep hills and not once did they want to slide. i'm not big on muddin, but there were places where it was unavoidable. i had no problem steering the quad through some of the pits. i have xc's on the back, but i think i'm gonna have to get a set of hd's for the back pretty soon. if anyone does trail riding where there is any type of mud, i highly recommend buying some hd's. oh, another thing that i noticed between the xc's and the hd's is that the hd's clean out much better. i'm guessing the lugs are further apart. when i get some on the rear, i'll post another review.

anyone know how they hook up on hard packed tracks? mxr4's are set up for soft, and a new track is opening up close by thats gonna be hardpacked, so im switchin tires. i heard the sx's are good for that, anyone got any rides on them?

hd's are the ****!!!, i have showed up any quad in the mud, only got stuck once due to lack of ride height (warriors ride low)

nobody has beat me in mud, i think its the gearing 15/stock and the 6 speed WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Your stock rims are 9" so any tire with a 9 as the last number will fit. For example, 20x11x9 or 22x10x9 will fit but 20x11x8 or 22x11x10 will not. The first number is the diameter of the tire, the second is the width of the tire and the third is the rim size. Hope this helps.

I can get thru all kinds of slop with my HDs and I love them. I just sometimes think they work too well because when I try to break the rear end loose to slide around a sharp turn they dont slip, they grip like hell and I wind up with a back wheel in the air unless I try REAL hard to break it loose. Gotta admit, as a new rider it nice not having to worry about steep climbs, really muddy sections and riding over misc. crap. I think Im spoiled since I never seem to have traction problems and my rears are at least half worn. Great ****** tires.

For racing apps any of the 6 ply tires are just to heavy - I run 2 ply on the track. I def. notice the 6 vs the 2 ply tires on the rear when racing around.

i just bought a set of rear hd's for 159.90 from rocky mountain. just about every place that i checked, they were selling for 79 bucks or more. rmatv has free shipping for orders over 99 bucks.

I just bought a set and can't wait to try them. I'm running XCs right now.

same here. the xc's are pretty good, but i was having trouble with them in the mud. my hd's just showed up today so i'm probably gonna get them mounted tomorrow. i cant believe how tall the lugs are on them. they seem pretty heavy but there is a lot of rubber there.

Given the weight of these things I might put the 13 tooth sprocket back on to get back a little torque, but like I said I havent even tried them yet so well see.

Its been real dry so I took off my rear HDs and put my stockers on to see how much the weight of the HDs (theyre really heavy) affected my Raptor and Holy **** did I pick up alot of acceleration. If it gets muddy I will run the HDs again but if I can run without them I will as its shocking how much quicker I am with the stock tires. Mid jump corrections were easier as well.

i have some hds on the rear of my raptor and love them. Haven't really been in any mud yet though.

got to put the rear hds to the test in the mud and trails and they hook up great. you probably lose acceleration because of the weight of them, but it beats getting stuck. well worth the money.

Back