K&N stock airbox filter for Raptor 350.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

It dont fit. Even if you could somehow force it on you cant get the lid back on. Ive had k&n drop in filters on 3 of my cars and they always fit great but this one sucks. I lost 8 bucks because rockymountaincocksuckeratv.com wont reimburse me for the shipping to send the filter back to them. I had 2 other friends check for me and they couldn't make it fit either. **** rockymountain atv, after $300 spent this is how they treat me. Glad theres lots of other places to order stuff from. I guess im just gonna keep my stock filter which does fit perfectly by the way.

i have the same problem with mine. it seems like the plastic with the sponge like material is too thick. these will fit a warrior though, but not the raptor. time to buy a clamp on.

wait so your saying it wont fit? is that with the clamp silver thing or just plain filter and thats it...? cause i was lookin at buying a k&n from RM too

Im talkin about the drop in filter that goes in the stock airbox, not the adapter plate and clamp on one. I wasn't looking for more power just a reuseable filter. By the way **** rockymountainfaggotatv.com. Just because they can force a dick up their ass doesn't mean Im gonna force a filter into my new quad. Im gonna get a clamp on or one of those disposable filters that are like 8 bucks.

**** rockymountainfaggotatv.com

So tell us, without holding back, how do you really feel?

Feel your pain. They sold you something that did not work they should pay for it to be sent back.

i have a drop in k&n and i had to force it down to make it work and that rubber **** is to thick i think but it fit tight when i did

I dont force parts on any of my machines, theres no need when you can get something else that fits properly. I hope you got a good safe seal after forcing that foam gasket in.
Im not that pissed I just dont want anyone else to order one of these thinking that you can take it out of the package and just put it in your quad. This particular filter is off spec
and is an unsafe frustrating waste of time. This is the 1st time k&n has let me down, Ive always liked their filters.

I think I'm going to go with the GYTYR one:
1333378f98.jpg

It's not rockymountainatv.com's fault, it's K&N's fault. They have the Raptor 350 part number listed under Warrior 350/wolverine 350. I think that K&N should recall all of these filters.

I think i will go with GYTR also.

I did force my K&N in when i first got it, and i took the airbox off to make sure it was sealing good. But when i sent to take it out to clean/oil it, the rubber like gasket fell right off. So i threw the K&N in its box and put my stock filter back in.

I bought it from rockymountain not k&n, they can take it back and deal with k&n. Im a retail customer who ordered the right part and was given something that was wrong, whos at fault and all other details dont concern me (the retail customer). Ive had problems in the past and never got stuck with shipping costs with other merchants. Besides rockymountain told me they have never had a problem like this
and the part fits, It seems that Im not the only one who knows it doesn't. Those guys have been fine in the past but Im gonna do less mail order and go to my local dealers more. Ordering **** is more hassle than its worth to me and I found that some stuff is pretty cheap at the dealers anyway.

The RC catalog I have has the same number for the warrior and raptor filters but the raptor one has a "D" after it. The uni filter numbers are the same for the warrior, raptor and wolverine but the wolverine one is $1 cheaper...lol.

Im glad at least 1 person was able to make it fit. I just ordered a GYTR filter set up. I like the Idea of the clamp on style filter as it has a mechanical connection versus a pressure fit. I dont know if it will give more power with the stock exhaust but if I ever do any mods I will be ready on the intake end.

pete, your acting liek your 2, anywhere charges you shipping to return things, atleast most places. rocky moutain is one of the best places i have ordered from, always come through and have great prices. It prolly has to be a snug fit to go on tight, its is the right part, so dont blame RC blame kn for making a "snug fit filter" i sure as hell would rather have a snug fit that a loose fit, maybe you want to get **** i nyour motoer and carb.

pete, your acting liek your 2, anywhere charges you shipping to return things, atleast most places. rocky moutain is one of the best places i have ordered from, always come through and have great prices. It prolly has to be a snug fit to go on tight, its is the right part, so dont blame RC blame kn for making a "snug fit filter" i sure as hell would rather have a snug fit that a loose fit, maybe you want to get **** i nyour motoer and carb.
Yes, The K&N was definately a snug fit. I'm glad its a snug fit cuz i Mostly ride my quad with the lid off and i wouldnt want my K&n coming off on me!!!! If you got the right K&N than it should be pretty easy to put in just line it up correctly and it will slide right in nice and snug! ~Raskal

1) it didnt fit nice and snug, it didnt fit. the stock filter fits nice and snug. the k&n (i got) wouldnt fit unless you machined away abont 1/4 inch of material away from the front of it, or used a sledgehammer.
2) I have never paid shipping for the wrong part but I have always paid when I changed my mind or just didn't like something.
3) I did mention that RM was fine in the past and I wasn't THAT pissed.
4) Im not the only one who had problems.
5) Im 4 years old not 2
6) Every k&n ive had in the past fit just like the stocker and I do like the company and its products.
As far as this "Product Review" is concerned we can conclude 1 of 3 things. Sometimes it fits, sometimes you can force it to fit, and sometimes it doesn't fit (according to various members here). Im just trying to help other members know about a problem I (and apparently others ) have had. If I read all this stuff before my purchase I would have saved time by just going straight for the adapter plate and clamp on filter which is only $70 more. If you like a challenge or a gamble I highly recommend this filter. If you arent willing to spend for the clamp on style Id recommend the stock filter, It works and fits well- always.

Im glad any potential buyers can benefit from the experiences (good and bad) of other members on this site, I will be sure to check here before I make any other purchases in the future. Raskal, can you post a review of the GYTR exhaust and jet kit?

Latest posts

Back