YFZ shock conversion part 4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccuiser78

Reaction score
There is an extra hole at the top of the bracket,so you can set up the front end lower,I liked the heigth where its at.Now I am aprrox 1.5-2 inches lower in the front.I used the top bolt to mount up some new lights
frontend.jpg

frontright.jpg

Took it for a test spin and I am VERY happy with the suspension.Much more supple ride.Overall-good mod for the investment.Average to easy install

In the previous post i was gonna say, those upper shock mounts look perfect for some lights haha. Looks great.

how dose the relocater peice look?strong? just curious may try this one out too .

Eddie

how dose the relocater peice look?strong? just curious may try this one out too .

Eddie

It is three-to four pieces of 1/4 inch steel,sandwiched/bolted together.The same two bolts that the shocks used to bolt to.Actually,in my case(87)the bracket connects the two shock mounts together-the newer model Warriors have that allready,forming like a truss.I think for the money,that this is worth it.If you could feel the difference from the stock shocks,you would understand.

I like the lights there. looks like they were professionally done haha.. now go buy a couple cans of red bull and cover them ressys up :p

I dont know about u guys and this is just my $0.02 but why does everyone try and make their quad look like a YFZ? I never got the point of trying to make your quads look like other types of quads - make it unique. Also with the money you will spend on YFZ shocks and that kit you are already well on your way to having some shocks and A-Arms...

I dont know about u guys and this is just my $0.02 but why does everyone try and make their quad look like a YFZ? I never got the point of trying to make your quads look like other types of quads - make it unique. Also with the money you will spend on YFZ shocks and that kit you are already well on your way to having some shocks and A-Arms...
I HATED the 87 front plastic,and I wanted a change.Since I can not buy a new quad now(long story :()

----Good point,just that this quad is a 87,so its about all I could do.At this time there are no longer a-arms avail.Plus total cost=$280

I kind of like the new plastics for the warrior though, I might get some eventually since mine are starting to get beat up. You can only sand them so many times... Anyone know of the cheapest place to get the new maier plastics??? I'm getting too lazy to do a race cut on mine again regardless, once was enough. I would have to mod the maier plastics to accomodate the IMS tank though, that'll take some work. I think I'm going to try it soon... ;D

The cheapest I've found so far is 212 for each, the 250 seems like a bit too much for a little tpo resin!!! :eek:

Back