GYTR air filter setup--Update.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Just installed the billet adapter, k&n style filter, and outercover. The fit was perfect, the included directions were great, and no force or modification was needed. I was also thrilled that all 3 components were made in the USA, a big thing to me. My raptor is stock so I dont expect a power increase but it was still worth it. Highly recommended.

I installed one of those on my quad. I'm very satisfied with the finished product.

problems i ran into:

1) the screws that they gave me to install the plate on the inside of the air box were to small, they maybe made it half way through the plastic box. The plate made the box flex and if it moved to much the screws would pop out of the box. i just went down to home depot and got some longer ones and it works great.

2) I can't put the lid back on, as of right now. it seems like there is some plastic that is catching on the new plate. But a dremmel tool should take care of that fast, quick and in a hurry...if for some reason i should want my lid on...

3) ( really more of a concern) what do i do with that little snorkle tube that connects to the front of the air box, kinda near the bottom of plate? there was nothing on there before, i've seen some people with filters on them...pros..cons?

3) ( really more of a concern) what do i do with that little snorkle tube that connects to the front of the air box, kinda near the bottom of plate? there was nothing on there before, i've seen some people with filters on them...pros..cons?

It's a good idea to just disconnect it from the airbox, and attach a breather filter to it. With the tube open like that you can easily get dirt, water, and other debris inside the engine. The only reason yamaha has it go straight into the airbox is for emissions regulations, so that the engine sucks in the fumes from the crankcase and burns them up. You might also need to get a longer hose for the breather so you can get the filter up and out of the way, pretty much any 3/8 automotive hose will work fine for that.

Kool Deal! How much did you pay for all 3 components all together??? Peace.~OG Raskal

Joker I think you might have installed the bolts backwards. I put them on from the front thru the box and threaded them into the plate, fit perfect. If you threaded thru the plate 1st then into the plastic (from the inside) then theres little holding it all together as the plastic is what youre threaded into to hold it together. I got the setup on ebay for $108 shipped. Retail is $115. I did have to cut a little away to run the lid but I dont plan on ever using the lid.

yeah that's exactly what i did, I just figured that that was the way it was supposed to go. but it's all good.

Thanks yamarider, i'll have to stop and get myself a little filter for it, like at pep boys or something.

Latest posts

Back