best pressure suit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
today i broke my collar bone when i was riding. i dont know if a pressure suit or chest protector would have helped, but does anyone have any opinions on which pressure suit give you the best protection?

stupid beginners mistake. i was going up a hill and it curved to the right and got extremely steep at the last 5-10 feet. the front end came up so i let off the throttle and i killed it right towards the top. i put on the front brakes and slid back down the hill. almost right at the bottom, i must have let out on the clutch when it started sliding sideways and since it was still in gear, the back wheels locked up and it rolled on its side and threw me off. the thing we cant figure out is that i landed on my back but must have been more on the right side of my back. i dont think, and the guys at the top that saw it dont think that the quad landed on me. like i said, stupid beginners mistake. live and learn.

It happens. Glad you're OK. I don't think anyone can tell you if a pressure suit or chest protector could have prevented the injury, but it never hurts to wear one...lol.

Now heal up and go conquer that hill!

my brother broke his collar bone last winter on his wolverine. I dont think that a chest protector would have helped him, but it would have made his ribs not-so-sore haha.

yeah, i dont think that a pressure suit or chest protector would have saved my collar bone but maybe they could help in future accidents (not that i'm hoping to have any more). accidents come with the territory. i also dont want to be loaded up in 93 pounds of gear.

stupid beginners mistake. i was going up a hill and it curved to the right and got extremely steep at the last 5-10 feet. the front end came up so i let off the throttle and i killed it right towards the top. i put on the front brakes and slid back down the hill. almost right at the bottom, i must have let out on the clutch when it started sliding sideways and since it was still in gear, the back wheels locked up and it rolled on its side and threw me off. the thing we cant figure out is that i landed on my back but must have been more on the right side of my back. i dont think, and the guys at the top that saw it dont think that the quad landed on me. like i said, stupid beginners mistake. live and learn.

Same exact thing happened to me, except my happed 1/4 of the way down the hill and the quad pounded me into the ground 4-5 times. I had nothing on, not even boots, the only thing that saved me was my goggles, and helmet. Not a broken bone, but i was sore for a few weeks, lots of bruises and cuts. But anyway a chest protector would be your best bet or maybe one of those fancy form fitting protectors.

ive worn a chest protector before and i personally dont like them, since i ride with a large camelbak filled with water and it is just not comfortable. i would wear one if was worried about getting roosted by someone else in a rocky riding area or racing, but i dont think it would help too much with broken bones in a crash, unless its a small one like just getting thrown off in a field, but you a probably not going to break any bones then. i can not speak from experience, but i dont think a plastic chest protector would help if (heaven forbid) your quad happened to land on you. i could be way off and totally wrong about all of this though. i guess it wouldnt hurt to wear one, so long as it is comfortable and fits right. also, like DSW said, the form fitting ones look nice, but dont look like they offer a whole lot of protection. im considering one to wear under my shirt since it should work with the camelbak. good luck and be careful

From doing DH and FR (downhill or freeride) runs on my mountain bike I got used to my chest protector. I honestly can't say how many times it has saves me from broken ribs, and internal bruising. Just from the sheer fact that it spreads out the contact area from where you get hit from the one spot where you land on the rock or stump to the whole area around it. Granted it's not like I had my warrior landing on top of me. But I do wear one, even while trail riding because I know mine has saved me from a few medical bills in the past.
Just make sure the one you get fits you well, and preferably can fit under a riding jersey, or a paintball jersey (they are vented perfectly). Ohh and wear a teeshirt under that since you can get a heat rash from it on your bare skin (trust me). And I still wear a camel back, 100 oz.
~Bill
p.s. hope your feeling better bud.

i wear a sixsixone pressure suit. it doesnt fit me very well but since i have it my dad makes me wear it. i feel like an idiot with it on, until i have to bail from my jumps into, bushes or trees. then i get right back up and my friends are like ****!! i want one of those. but yeah definatly get one that fits you good. i got mine off ebay so i took a gamble, and i lost it but it still stops the rock rash, and
eases the impact a little bit.

good luck

Latest posts

Back