The Durablue Saga

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlord

Reaction score
I finally finished installing and testing my Durable clamp-on kit and dual stage foam filter. I call it a saga because it was non stop confusion from the day I got this kit. Initially I couldn't get the filter to clamp on the flange good enough without slipping off. The flange is very smooth plastic with no lip or anything to stop the filter from sliding off. I couldn't even get tape to stick to it. So I took some sand paper and scratched the plastic (in a circle around the surface of the flange so I didn't make any grooves in the direction that dirt could get through, though I doubt it would anyway). I emailed durablue and they say to silicone it but I didn't like that idea. Anyways now with the added roughness it clamps on really well. Then it was time to install the adapter to the airbox. Either I have an airbox from a different quad or this was the wrong adapter. One bolt hole was just out in the air and the other went to a part at the top of the box that you couldn't drill through. Anyways, I probably should have taken it back but I said "screw it I'll drill my own holes" and thats what I did. Ater that it was smooth sailing for the most part. You have to silicone the adapter since it has no O-ring to seal it to the box. Now I wait a few hours for the silicone to dry. I used this time to oil my filter. What a disaster! I had oil everywhere and it was No-toil oil so it stunk like alcohol and just about made me faint. The no toil cleaner works wonders though. Now it was time to clamp on the filter, re-install the air box and test it out. At this point I found out that the adapter is positioned in a way that part of the lid doesn't clear it and the lid sits way up. (the partial circle in the plastic that holds the stock filter device in place) So I cut that plastic off and installed the lid. I fired it up and it went no problem without giving it gas or anything. It warmed up quicker and didn't bog at all when I went out riding. It usually bogs a bit for about 20 minutes until it really warms up. I think this was due to the filthy stock filter. (I haven't cleaned it since I got this bike in august and who knows how long it went without a cleaning before that) Then I got out onto the road and let er' rip. There was certianly a boost in power even though the lid was on. Probably just because it was running really rich before. Anyways to the review portion of this seemingly endless story. If you get the right kit and get it to clamp good I highly recommend it. It is pretty damn cheap ($81 Canadian for all of it from motovan) so I'd say its a good value as well.

The end.

By Warlord

REAR.jpg
GO DURABLUE!

Latest posts

Back