cams and pistons

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
i was thinkin of buyin that guys weisco piston ;) and gettin a hotcams :eek: put in

good deal or am i gettin myself in over my head ;D :D

why hotcams... havent you heard all the trash tlk on those?? but i guess they are better than stock

id go with a web cam they are good ive used them for years in all my bike i had over time verry good cam

Here is what to get for optimum performance:

Cams - Webcams (even the all around one rocks!), megacycle (absolutely one of the most top end favoring ones around), and of course I wouldn't doubt if the powroll ones rock since they seem to do their r&d work very well. I would recommend a race cam with a little more top end since we have a six speed trans with overlapping gears. The race cam will enable your motor to rip like a two stroke while the heavy counterweight and trans prevent it from stalling in woods applications. I don't know your style of riding, but I like the motor to rip when I gun it!!! ;D

Pistons - I would recommend JE here instead of wiseco, since they offer a 10.75 compression piston instead of wiseco's 10.25. The 10.75 will enable you to still run pump gas and also give you a chunk more torque and overall power. I would especially recommend the JE if your gonna go with the race profile cam, that would seem like your bottom end is untouched and everywhere else in the rpm range will rip a hole to china compared to stock. Just as I mentioned above any pistons also from powroll, fst, ect. should be just as good but with not quite as much compression while on pump gas. You probably want as close to possible to 11 to 1 or above with a race cam. Don't fear the race cams, the warrior definately needs a top end boost in comparison to the stock low end tractor performance.

I wouldn't recommend the hotcam, not from the rap350 fuckup (although that pisses me off as well), but just due to the fact that they are designed to only give you minimal gains off of stock like you're not gonna get a higher compression piston or something. Get something that will give you the shits when you ride in the midrange and top end, trust me on that one!!! ;D ;D ;D

Back