SRP rotors and Razor2 review

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
razor22ff.jpg

Finally got some riding in with the SRP rotors on, and the only conclusion I can post is those f*ckers rock! The rear rotor will only cost about 80 or so and is solid cnc stainless steel. The only difference between galfer and srp rotors is a simple zinc coating, which shouldn't cause a 40 markup or so! Although the pic on magic racing's site shows them being like a 'chain link' shape they are actually a wave rotor for the warrior. Combined with EBC severe pads they pack quite a punch in stopping power, especially in wet and sloppy conditions. If you have a grit problem with your current rotor this is a easy solution, the wave will keep your pads clean as new!

As for the Razor2 I would say the same, damn good tires! They won't hook up quite as well in very soft layers of dust/sand, but you'll forget all about that once you see how well they handle at very high speeds, very predictable/sure footed regardless of terrain. These tires will really stand out in the forest, they tend to love moist soils, mud, and rocks. Very tough construction, they are made of a very hard rubber also which is probably why they spin a little in the soft dust. That tough rubber gives them quite a lifespan and almost no foldover once so ever, 99.9% puncture proof! I would say they are well worth the money! I've heard that the I razors wear down quite quickly, but definately not the case with these, even pavement barely touches them! The I razors were probably developed with softer rubber anyway, especially for very soft and loose terrains, where a little more tack is needed.

What did you take your old rotor off with an impact gun? I could not ******* move the bolts on my bitch for the life of me by hand...

There's threadlocker on those little bastards! Just use a long handled socket and hit it to budge them loose. Remember to add threadlocker again when reinstalled.

The SRP metals rotors are from magic, well worth the money. Just looking at the price of galfer rotors compared to these will make you **** your joors! ;D Get ready death, you'll have to take the damn hub off to get the stock rotor off. As for the SRP it'll go right around the hub to avoid the hassle in the distant future. I saw that you constantly keep adding **** on the one post and keep having to tear stuff down again, but this one is very easy just as long as you have a long handled breaker bar and a decent torque wrench that'll go up to 120Nm.

I can secong that motion! It is a nice rotor! something i think i will consider for my Z when the time comes. The Galfer is just too much money :'(

The sidewall is so stiff you can run them with no air pressure at all! :eek: Those bastards handle like hell at high speeds. The only problem that came about from them is my friends eat quite a few rocks if they ride behind me, sorry Dirtmagnet!!! ;D

How good are they in mud im debating between the razor 2's, holeshot hd's or maxxis sur traks, i ride creeks and muddy areas What od you all think?

sur trac for mud... the tread never clogs but if i could do it again i would get h-d's i really dont ride that much mud but when i come across it i never get stuck.... for you i would say get the sur trac

i can second a great review on razr2's i have had mine for almost a year, and do all sorts of riding, and pavement sometimes, and they have 95% rear tread, and the frounts look brand new honestly. they arent heavy, and they wont slow you down!, i did however get a few flats actually 1 big ass hole in one tire that took 2 plugs, but its been great for several mounths! ****** glass and **** by MTA is a killer on tires. get razr2's they are awesome i will get another set when these ware!

heres a pic after almost a year of all sorts of riding and the plugs in the right tire

P7060049.jpg

cool thanx man thats my next tire then... nice 400ex by the way ;D

Yo Bros,
I have liked what I've read on the Razr 2's reviews. Just had a set of those sneakers mounted on mu '04 Raptor 350. I'll post some pic's and a ride review after their maiden putt!

sounds good
Yo Bros,
I have liked what I've read on the Razr 2's reviews. Just had a set of those sneakers mounted on mu '04 Raptor 350. I'll post some pic's and a ride review after their maiden putt!

They are a little heavy, but you won't hardly notice with the 20's on there. Just wait till you try them at high speed!!! ;D ;D ;D

Back