UM full chassis skid sucks!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
DON'T buy UM when it comes to chassis skids, the oil drain hole was way off for me (over a inch even), yet I confirmed that the skid was the right one! I will be substituting a ricochet for it to match the swingarm skid shortly, they make quaaaaaaality sh*t!!! As for a picture I won't even bother to post one for the piece of crap, if you want to really see it go in the oops I broke it thread in the battle scars section, it's still on my old 2001 twisted frame. The skid will protect your quad well, but why put a drain hole in a f*cking skid if it can't be used? That will be the last thing I ever buy from UM! As for now I'll just drill it up and make the piece of crap work! :mad:

No, I got a deal on it so I just kept it anyway, I went on a trip a couple days later besides. It guards the chassis well, but the oil drain was near worthless.

was it on the quad upside down? I've seen people put them on upside down and they are misaligned

No, the distance is front to back, and it's a full chassis skid so it has the bends already to curl upwards towards the a arms. Don't buy that piece of sh*t speedy! I would of bought the ricochet at the time but it was on backorder.

yea i got a ricochet bullet line rear skid for mine. thing is nice, iv beaten the crap out of it and it aint dented or nothin :)
but my skid looks alot different then yours..?

Do you mean the chassis skid or the swingarm skid is different? I've hit sooo many boulders with the swingarm skid at top speed it's not even funny! The ricochet refuses to be damaged!

Back