*T. Tech MR16 HID lights* ~Updated~ check it out!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Well guys I’m on the back order list for the MR16 HID lights from Trail Tech (expected to be in stock in about a week). Since I am cutting my plastics and ditching the stock lights I’m going for these fuckers. Stay tuned for the review when ever I get them; check these bitches out: http://www.trailtech.net/mr16_hid.htm

I am going to try to mount them where the shocks bolt up to the frame if not im going with the frame mounts.

~ Until then ~

- Death

*UPDATE* - the lights are here and I have tested them check out the images in the below posts!

iv been wanting some of those for awhile, cant wait for the review to see if they r worth it :eek:

yeah those look so good in that pic.... cant wait tilll we get the review on those suckers :cool:

Well I got the HIDs in today guys - so far they look excellent! I will be installing them and writing a full review soon.

MR16HID1.jpg

MR16HID2.jpg

Note: Just to answer a common question I get - these are NOT available anywhere else so far other then directly through trail tech. Only a little over 100 people in the US have these lights so far and they are NOT the same as the trail tech MR11 HIDs sold on alba, their site, and other websites etc... The MR16s are much brighter and much more expensive as well unfortunately :-/...

how much did it cost you in total shiping, tax, everything ...and does it look like you will be able to mount them up to your top shock mount? thanks death

Talk to me on AIM about how much I got it for - I cant say it on here since the girl at trail tech gave me the hook up ;D!

Around $350.00

Thoes bad boys look crazy....get some before and after pics....if you can. THanks. hook a brotha up...lol

Well guys I hooked up the HIDs quickly just to see how well they work and all I can say is.... holy **** :eek:!! I looked into these things for a few seconds and had spots in my eyes for 10 minutes after. To compare the power of these lights to some decent halogens I put my quad and my friends 400EX side by side with the lights on in the dark. What were the results...? Well look at the picture below and see for yourself!! These fuckers are brighter then my car lights...

HIDdamn1.jpg

HIDdamn3.jpg

HIDdamn2.jpg

My quad (to the left) and the EX (orange/yellow halogen spots to the right lol). In this picture there looks like there is a third set of lights all the way to the right but that’s really just the glare in the camera lens lol. Also (you really cant tell in this picture) the range on these is incredible!!! The beam of these lights reaches far past the capability of any stock quad light. I will be updating soon with other pictures just thought id post this one for now!

Sweet Jesus thats bright....im even squinting when looking at it on my computer screen,...i could just imagine taking the pic. LOL looks good bro.

Back