Moose parking brake blockoff plate

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
This is a high quality peice made by moose, its billet aluminum and avialible in chrome, black, and red. The only problem i found with this was the lack of a gasket or oring seal to keep dirt out of the caliper. I solved this by putting some gasket maker around it.
Everyone hates the dreaded parking brake system on the warrior and all other yamaha quads. Purchasing a blockoff plate in my opinion in one of the first things anyone should do to a sport quad. On the warrior it is known to lead to electrical problems by making it cut out. You dont really need the brake anyway, if you stop then throw it in gear. But anyway. Its a simple install simply remove the old parking brake cable, and assembly on the caliper, and install the plate with the stock 2 bolts. Then on the warrior there are 2 electric sensors that plug into the lever and perch. One is the start in gear sensor and the other is the horrible motor rev limiting sensor. One of the 2 is split into 2 seprate green connectors, simply unplug the sensor from the bars and plug the 2 connectors together to complete the circuit. The other goes into a plastic white connector, simply unplug the connector and thats it. I covered the white connector with some electrial tape to prevent anykind of water or anything entering the connectors. After that you are done, note that in order to get to the wires correctly the hood must be taken off, another note this is warrior specific, (sorry raptor350 guys) i know teh raptor 350 parking break is diffrent. But the blockoff plate itself is the same.
f552f2cb.jpg

Is thier fluid inside the parking brake itself? How long did this job take, estimate?

Well it took me about a 1/2 hour, once i figured how to do the wires by the clutch lever it was cake. And yes there is fluid by the parking brake but it should be in the parking brake. If there is then id bet that your caliper piston seals are bad, i had that happen to me. But you should be able to take the parking brake assembly off without loosing fluid or pressure in the lines or anything like that.

Cool, thanks thats what I needed to know. My PB has been messed up for a long time now. Never has messed up my rev. limter yet though, but I am sure I will need new pads when I get the block off plate. I have been trying to find the lonestar block off on ebay..Rockymountain sells the lonestar with the o-ring cheap but the shipping is ridiculous, plus I have read many times over again that rockymountain takes forever on shipping.

wait wht is the porpuse for the block off plate??? do you need it when you take off your park brake

why waht will happen... cuz i took my park brake off like 3 months ago and nothing seem to be wrong

if you remove the parking brake water and mud will get in there and eventually make the brake stick and drag

All my purchases from rocky have been fast and I even chose the free shipping route..lol. I bought a brake plate off ebay for like 8 bucks.

Can't you just put the bolts back and you wont have to worry about a block-off?

NO

The block off keeps all kinds of **** from getting into your caliper.

Back