cascade chain slider

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worm1

Reaction score
I've just stepped into this world of ATVs and I'm hooked.....yep. maybe it's a middle life criss, possilbiltily...however adrenaline junkie I am.....so I bought myself a 01' warrior that has been Hot Rod up and here I am looking for some info on "How to" install a cascade chain slider. Though I would replace the chain, both sprockets and do some brakes all away around, recharge the K&N air filter and change the oil. But, ordered this darn chain slider thinking it would have instruction. Would hate to just throw it away....I was sold on the upgrade....if that's the case. Any ideas on this somewhat simple installation?

Thanks for anyones advise.

This is a Very Nice and Helpful Site.......thanks

is it a front slider or rear slider? For the rear slider you just take the chain out of the slider undo the 2 bolts and remove the old one. Then put in the new one and reinstall the bolts and chain. For the front one I believe most of the front sliders require you to remove the chain and then take out the swing arm bolt at the front of the swing arm. Take off the stock one and install the new one. Then remount the front of the swing arm and put the chain back on. Hope this helps!

I do apologize on not being specific...It is the front. According to the product details.......it eliminates the stock chain roller and upgrades to a high quality chain slider. Theirs not any bolt holes, only a metal stud....check out the pic. maybe it will help. I'm reply back before I have even looked at the bike as to what you have suggested......thanks for for your time.

let me know if image doesn't work.

opps! I forgot to say "trick or treat"

cascadeslider-1.jpg

its ok, for that one you will have to take the chain off and unhook the front part of the swing arm from the frame. To do that you will have to remove the bolt on the end of the swingarm bolt. Then remove the long swingarm bolt. this should allow the front of the swing arm to drop down enough to remove the stock one and instal the new one. I'm unsure if you have to unhook the shock or not but if you take all of the weight off of the rear end you shouldnt need to. I hope this helps. If not someone might be able to give a better description.

yes that replaces the front roller that goes around the front swing arm pivot point. The pin lays on the top of the swing arm.
For that one you'll have to remove the swing arm pivot bolt and may have to loosen the chain up as well. Then slide the new slider on.

Described Perfectly.......after looking at it today I see exactly what you are saying.... and for that I greatly appreciate your time. It is also nice to know that somebody actually has one. Thanks again for ALL of your assistance here at Central.....

Great Site!

Well.....You described it.....But, now I have another situation. That darn pivot bolt. That joker will NOT come out. I took all the weight off the rear, removed the chain and took the shock loose. lower all the way down. And Nothing.....Is their something I'm missing? the swing arm moves freely, so it's not binding. Any coaching advise on this?

Thanks

the other side of the pivot bolt.. can you turn it? If so have somebody turn it (if not get it turning) and put the nut back on loosely but all the threads and hit it with a hammer. Try not to ruin the threads of the bolt.

Bolt turns fairly easy, just didn't have someone to turn while I was hitting.....I used a block of wood to hit the nut / bolt so I wouldn't jack up the treads. But I was knocking the crap out of it....(2-hours later) I'm thinking, is it wroth it....Probably will try it again later. Thanks again for you help. Iff'en you can think of anything else Please let me know.

as far as I know those sliders are alot better than the stock roller there. Your going about getting that bolt out like I would. Maybe you can get some penitrating catalyst to spray in there and let it soak in. That should help lube it up a little and break up some rust. WD-40 might work too.

Back