How to replace the valve seals??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase001

Reaction score
I need some help on replacing the valve seals.. :)..I was wondering on how to do it and what tools you will need...If anyone knows anythink please let me know..will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

You basically just remove them with a self made valve tool consisting of a c-clamp with a piece of tubing welded on the rod. The piece of rod should have a 'window' cut, or ground into it to allow you to pull out the keepers. You basically want to just put the one end of the clamp on the bottom of the valve and the other end at the top of the spring retainers, and then compress it just far enough for the two pieces to fall out. Once the springs and valves are pulled out you will see the seals at the spots where the bottom of the springs sat, and in the center. Remember to use molybdenum disulfide based lubricant on the stems and seals upon installation once the work is done on them, it is very important!

Latest posts

Back