Reverse bleeding brakes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakuza

Reaction score
I found this on another site and tried it, and I'll be damned if it doesn't work. Front brakes, loosen the cap on the brake rezzie so air can escape, but don't take it off. Pull the lever all the way to the bars and zip tie it there. You'll probably need two or three cause a single one will eventually give out (learned this the hard way). With the rezzie cap loose and the lever pulled to the bars, let it sit overnight. In the morning cut the zip ties and pump the lever 10-15 times. Pull the lever all the way to the bars again and zip tie again till morning. The air will be forced to find the only way out because of the pressure. Since the only escape route is up, it's going to go that way. In the morning cut your zip tie of and tighten your rezzie cap, you're done.

When I bought the EX the front brakes felt really weak and wouldn't lock up. The pads are low and on order now, but I was pretty sure they needed bled also. I found this method and after trying it, even with the low pads it will now lock up the fronts and leave skid marks on the pavement. Couldn't believe it was so simple and mess free.....

i am in the prosses of tryin this now it seemed to be alot better this morning its crazy never would have thought it would

i can do an indo now after only one night of sitting thanx for the clue hint w/e you call it cuz ive spent so much time bleeding my front then ones more powerful then the other and its a pain this is really easy

I told ya it worked ;) Almost sounds too good to be true, but it's not....

I'll have to give this a try sometime, and see how good of a job I actually did when I bled my new lines. I have one of the ASR 2-line setups, so bleeding them was a little weird.

Guys, fill the rezzi, lossen the bleeders on both the fronts, and gravity will take over, (be patient) keep an eye on the rezzi to keep it filled, once fluid comes out one side, close the other and bleed like normal, then close that side and wait for it to come down to the other side, and bleed like normal, I do it like this all the time and it dosen't take long at all. We do the same thing with Hydraulic clutches in vehicals.

One thing to note is that brake fluid is microscopic, so it absorbs moister and that is what usually wrecks the brake system and defeats the propose of changing the brake fluid.

well i got it out tody did an awesome indo then my brakes went back to the way they were the first day i dont know what happen so im starting the pprocess over and ideas what it could be

Yeah, you got other problems if the pressure is gone again. To properly bleed brakes (the conventional way) it takes two people, some extra fluid, and usually ends up with a mess being made. This way is just more convenient since it only takes one person, no extra fluid, and makes no mess.

i dont thing i have a leak cuz it works just not as good as it did i know how that was is done

Yeah, you got other problems if the pressure is gone again. To properly bleed brakes (the conventional way) it takes two people, some extra fluid, and usually ends up with a mess being made. This way is just more convenient since it only takes one person, no extra fluid, and makes no mess.
If it takes you 2 people to bleed brakes on a quad you must have really short arms. ;D

its alot easier with 2 just because of the fluid and all that

Back