stuck boss nut-help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munt

Reaction score
so here i am trying to install a clutch kit, take off the case cover, remove the screws, and voila a 27mm boss nut that will not come off, tried air, leverage nothing, to make matters worse i snapped the basket in two, all jokes aside how do i get this bitch off so i can replace the broken stuff and get going....? oh while i'm at it how tight do the spring screws need to be when putting them back on? all thanks in advance

when i put my clutch back together i usually put the screws as tight as i can get them with a phillips screw driver so as soon as it jumps around once that is at tight as i put it about the clutch boss nut have you tried the penetrating oil and things like that or a good imparct gun it comes right off on mine with the 3/4 impact

The nut usually comes off with an impact wrench. You did bend the locking tab down first, right?

yeah, the tabs are down....tried the 2 screwdriver method to no avail, i can't get the inside to stop from turning, tried using a rebar to brace it while using air and the bike likes to crawl on top of me. i think someone before me used some serious torque to tighten this.....

An impact driver do the job....but there is a real tool for that it mount on a 1/2 ratchetand olds all the 5 small bolts and then you can remove the boss nut....

VICTORY! finally got it un-stuck from using a rebar to brace the inner hub while using an air ratchet to break it loose, what a pin in the ass

Latest posts

Back