Don't be afraid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
This is for some of you guys that have never worked on your Warrior before and are afraid to attemp it.

1. Don't be afraid to ask questions, even ones you think might be dumb.
2. Working on the Warrior is easier then you think.
3. Buy a factory service DVD or buy a Clymer reapir manual. (or PM yamarider for a link to download one ;))
4. Read it over, especially the section you wish to work on.
5. This will save you a lot of money in the future.

Some of the areas guys seem to shy away from are the carburetor, and rebuilding the top end, the latter of which could cost upwards of $300 to $400 in labor to do. Most shops charge close to $400 just to install a pipe and jet kit, not including the parts.

Yea im not worried about the top end and the carb.. its the case im worried cracking open but iv got a good manual and im not going to hold back when the time comes... iv also learned not to use paper towels

One of the biggest things that seemed to help me when I cracked the case open on the yt125 (trimoto) motor was that I always had the digital camera in had and took pictures of every detail in the engine, so I could refer to where things were, and than I could also compare them to the service manual pictures to see what was different. This helped tons when reasembling the engine, also ziplocs and plastic bags should become your best friends (keeps all the dust and **** out, I don't know about ne of you, but my basement and garage are always being worked in and there is constantly dirt, or saw dust being knocked around)

i have had to split the case on my warrior twice now due to tranny problems but i was scared to death cuz people kept telling it may never work right again and had me freaking out but i did it and put it back together and still had same problem but do they really get 400 dollars to install a pipe gezz i need to get into that business

i have had to split the case on my warrior twice now due to tranny problems but i was scared to death cuz people kept telling it may never work right again and had me freaking out but i did it and put it back together and still had same problem but do they really get 400 dollars to install a pipe gezz i need to get into that business
Hey when they feel they've got ya they just bend you over.

Buy a bunch of microfiber rags to clean everything with, they absorb a ton of oil and pick up the grime great. To reuse them soak them in a bucket of water/degreaser and wash in the machine. Do not use degreaser on any non metal seals and plastic parts, it may dissolve them and make a mess. Usually rubber is the only thing you really gotta watch.

Thats funny how every one say the carb and top end scare most people because that was the reason i bought a manual. I never worked on engines or car or anything but my boy kept saying just clean your carb out, it's easy.( I had some probs back then). Its just like doing math , all you gotta do is follow the step. I think the third time i did it thiugh i broke the plastic piece that holds the needle.

The only thing that holds me back from tearing everything down for fun is that i have know garage to do it in. A place i can get up and walk away, knowing that no one else will come by and mess with ****.

Back