help w/ graphix

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
hey i need to know how to get the stickers off the plastics and how to put hte graphix on, can anyone help me out?

To remove the sticker's and glue from the sticker's, you'll need StickerOff and a hair dryer. You can get the StickerOff from DennisKirk for $5.99 a bottle.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca....d=114 08&mmyId=

To apply Graphic's, you'll need soapy water (without amonia) and a hair dryer. Clean the surface you are putting the graphic's on, spray it with the soapy water then peal the back off the graphic sheet and spray the back part of the graphic. Lay it over the surface you want it on, take an old credit card or driver's license (perfer'd rubber squeege), work out all the water from between the surface and the graphic then start drying with the hair dryer.

Give it atleast 48 hour's at 80 degree's to get a good stickiness built back up on the glue.

is there another way to get the stickers off? and another question, right now its winter so its not gonna be 80 degrees for a while, would it be fine is like 30-60 ?

My stock graphics came off just by getting close to them with my cheap electric pressure washer. If you don't have a pressure washer, try using one at the car wash.

And if it's not reasonably warm outside, at least 70, then try to get access to a heated garage, or heck, I have a buddy with a sliding glass door on his back patio, and he can actually ride the thing into the house to work on it when it's crappy outside.

It will be fine under temerature but it'd take a little longer for it to actually stick good. However, you can do it now, waite 48 hour's and run your hairdryer over it for about 15 minute's (heating the entire sheet) then give it another 24 hour's.

YamaRider, a pressure washer usally won't get it most of it off, basically depend's on what type of glue they used on the sticker's. If it's graphic vinyl or screen print sheet's, that ****'s gonna be hard to get off.

YamaRider, a pressure washer usally won't get it most of it off, basically depend's on what type of glue they used on the sticker's. If it's graphic vinyl or screen print sheet's, that ****'s gonna be hard to get off.

I'm assuming he's talking about removing the stock graphics. I think the stock graphics are glued on with Elmer's School Paste or something, it's not a real strong bond. At least the stock graphics on warriors aren't glued real strong.

The factory graphic's are more of a vinyl stick tape, not really a glue compund.

Think of a window cling and you'll get what i'm talking about, you can peel those off and it doesnt leave access glue on your window.

so, anyone got ne ez ways to get stock stickers off, like w/ a razor or something ez that uses household materials?

You can peal the sticker's off, go to the local part's store and get some StickerOff or a different chemical to remove sticker's, apply the chemical and rubb it off.

if you havent already taken off the stickers i have the raptor 350 and all i did was peel them off and put clotz and metal mulisha skulls over it.....if you take your time and pull real slow and make sure your hand is near the tank after a few minutes make sure it is close to where your peeling off if not it will rip and it is a bitch to get it started again. any kind of alcohol based liquid should take off any extra residue built of from behind the decal. if it is a decal kit you are doing then you def. want to go with teh soapy water solution. but if it is random "sponsor" stickers then just eye ball if you have been doing it for awhile its easy. but if not make sure you got a lot of extra stickers haha hope this helps.

yeh i've got 60$ graphix that i haven't put on yet, i'ma put them on some new plastics that hopefully will get for x-mas

i used my pressure washer also used it to take the silver paint off the hood so now i have a free black hood

so do i just get a bin of soapy water, dip the graphix in it, pull off the back and align it onto the plastic????/

guys i just took alook at my graphix, and it has a thing you peel off the back, and it is alrdy sticky..... doi sitll need to dip it in hot soapy water?

Back