help w/ dirtbike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
hey i got a 2 stroke ktm 250 (from jon) well you mix the gas and oil right. but then i found a little oil thing on the side w/ no dipstick its just a cap, how much do i put in it?

If there's no dipstick, then what you have to do is drain it all out, measure out the amount called for my the manufacturer, and then add it. The amount required may be stamped on the engine by the filler cap (it might say something like 900 ml), otherwise you will need to look up the recommended amount yourself in the owners manual, a service manual, somewhere online like a ktm forum, or even maybe calling a dealer and asking. It seems like a dumb setup that you can't check the oil once it's in there, but that's how most 2 stroke transmissions are.

Try looking for a little window on the engine case, you should be able to check the oil level from there, if the bike has the sight glass. I know my old YZ did, and I think the KX did too but can't remember for sure.

If your talking about the one on the right side behind where your legg would be, that's the MasterCylinder to the rear brakes. Don't put oil in it.

But you fill it a little over half way with brake fluid.

Back