flippin the wheels

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
hey i was gonna flip my front wheels today, but the little thing that you use to air up your tires kept rubbing against the brake caliper. ??? Do i have to take the tire off and just flip the rim and leave that little air thing on the outside or what?? :-/ ::)

you have to buy flush mount valve stems or put the existing valve stems in backwards, drill a hole on the other side of the rim and get a valve stem put in.

if you arent too crazy about drilling holes in your rims, just order a set of the flush mount valve stems. you can put them on yourself just by breaking the bead or to avoid the hassle, just take them up to your tire shop and have them put them on for 10 bucks or so.

Can you do this with a 350 raptor 2005 if so where can u buy the flush valve stems.

sure you can do it with the rappy. you can try calling your local tire shops to see if they carry them. unfortunately, no one here carried them so i had to order them online. just do a search for flush mount valve stems and they will show up.

Taking the rims off the front and switching the sides they are on will make the quad wider. But you have to change the valve stems to a flush mount type otherwise the stock stems will hit the brake setup. The rears can be turned around no problem. If you plan to do this upgrade the tie rods isn't a bad idea.

when i measured mine out i believe i gained 4 inches overall in width. i didnt do any tie rod upgrades but it does sound like a good idea in retro-spect.

this here is the valve stem thats ideal. has a little cap that screws into it to keep the uckies out and such as well.:

37474_413388267612_513632612_476885.jpg

just thought Id update/show this for future viewers.. lol

and heres my warrior, all stock suspension/a-arms etc etc. just flipped the rims around.

35349_413389017612_513632612_476888.jpg

nice, mean and smexy looking aint she? lol

Hey there I am new here so hopefully I won't get blasted. If you flip the rims around would it be pointless to put on wheel spacers I suppose? Would just doing one or the other be ok?

I was thinking about getting some 3" wheel spacers but I will just do this if it does the same thing.

Feels like when I first started working on my Jeep but with a four wheeler. :tup: Exciting feeling

i think you should do one or the other, but not both at the same time. it adds a lot more stress on the front end and could spell trouble by doing both.

well you can also flip the rears to, to get the rear a lil wider. no modification there though. just unbolt,flip,and bolt them back on. i would also not recommend flippin the front and adding wheel spacers at the same time. bad things happen when ball joints fail.

Yea, I am just going to flip them. I ordered flush valve stems last night.

I flipped my rears and would just air them up from the inside if i ever needed to and i have to say it was one the best mods for handling, performance, style and hell its FREE!!

Back