fixing bent bars

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldetymewarrior8

Reaction score
...so your riding along trying to do wheelies up a berm and then u go too far back and boom! your quad is upside down and the first thing that you think of is your new aluminum bars. Well i think i have a way to fix that.

1. identify how bent your bars are, if theyre completely totaled then i doubt they can be saved. also, take a picture for future reference.

2. remove crossbar pad and cover

3. inspect where the removable crossbar clamps were (there are usually some scratch or black marks where the crossbar was from rubbing. that is your mark)

4. loosen the 2 allenhead bolts that hold the crossbar in place.

5. determine which side is bent more, you will need to work on that side more, or if both then bend evenly between the 2.

6. now before you bust out the huge breaker bar, try bending it back by hand. grab the grip with both hands and put your foot on the steering stem clamp.

7. do not use straight force. use multiple tugs because i have seen cases of the metal just breaking. take your time it is aluminum and will bend.

8. after using your own brute force, inspect the difference between the picture and how they are now.

9. if they are still bent, get a open bar end and stick a pipe or big screw driver in there, or if you have something to fit over the grip that'll work too. once again. tug at it, do not keep force on it.

10. look at the old marks left by the crossbar, if the clamps are lined up with them, then tighten the clamps down. do not tighten them too much, because the threads are aluminum and will strip. i made that mistake myself.

11. go and ride around and feel if they are straight or not, if not, repeat the steps above.

this is a nice way to try and save your expensive aluminum bars and eliminate the eyesore and uncomfortableness of bent handlebars.

that too but if you buy what are the the tag 2 bars i think that are like $80 or somthing like that i think the method above is a little better then working at your job for a few hours..........

Someone makes a tool to bend bars back to spec.

It was in Quad mag a few months back.

I doubt if you'll bend the tag x2 bars very easily, if so you'll spend much more time fixing yourself!!!

Back