how to adjust a clutch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
How do you go about adjusting the clutch on a 2002 warrior ;D...i think mine needs it ::) (doesnt engage gears until you start to move and sometimes when you switch from reverse into 1st it makes a grinding clicking noise until i shift and it corrects itself ??? :'( :mad:.)

how to ajust your clutch you move the rubber cover back from the clutch perch and loosen the jam nut for the scres where the cluth cable goes in then turn the screw out some if there is not much screw left you get 2 12mm wrenches and on the clutch cove the cable is there look to see the cable and 2 jam nuts on it and loosen both of them then move the coble bock tords the front of the bike but be carefule and keep an eye on the purch and make sure you have a 1/4 of play in the lever then tighten the jam nuts and check the slack in the cable thn try it and see if it work. if you do not have play some times couse the clutches to slip beacouse it seems like the calbe is pulling the clutch in. so just make surwe there is some slack in the cable

Back