How to make clutch pull easier

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
i read this over at bluetraxx and did it on my bike so i thought id share here. I "borrowed" these pics from their thread.
f794a03b.jpg

This is an easy mod if you have access to a welder and can weld. This is done by lengthening out the arm above your side clutch cover which gives more leverage and makes it easier to pull. First i took the cable loose from the bracket, slid the cable out of the way. Next i decided to add about 3/4" of an inch so i found a piece of steel the same thickness as the arm and cut it the same width as the middle of the arm and 3/4" long. Cut the arm in half and weld the new piece in. I then ground down the welds and made it smooth so it looked nice,a little spray paint will help. Now, since the angle of the bracket that holds the cable will be off, i used a pair of needlenose pliars and bent the bracket towards the the cover just enough so that it would line up straight with the new arm. All that is left is to adjust your clutch up and enjoy the easy pull. This worked very well for me, with the barnett clutch and extra plate i can pull my clutch with one finger now. feel free to add stuff to this if you do this mod.

The only thing i never liked about this mod is that, it is decreasing the amount of lever pull you get. By lengthening the arm you increase the leverage but when you pull the clutch you arent doing as much work and are loosing pull. It works, but i dont know seems like it would cause some more wear on internal parts, clutch cant be pulled in as fast, thus making the plates spin against eachother longer.

it could possibly i see your point, whether it would hurt anything or not i have no idea ???

Just get a easy pull cr style pro perch clutch lever from magic or someplace, those ******* rock. The clutch requires the same amount of force, but the bend of the lever brings it closer to the handlebars and therefor makes it much quicker and easier to engage the clutch. Very well worth the $50 to get the one with the bearing. The speed at which you can shift and amount of control will amaze you compared to the stock setup.

Latest posts

Back