cutting down exhausts....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotcams77c

Reaction score
Ok guys i was asked by another yfm member to do a tutorial about this. Im posting on how to do mine (yoshimura) but i think it should be the same for most all performance competetion exhausts.

Take youre exhaust off. take off not just end cap but end piece.

cut youre WHOLE canister right through to desired length. You will see where the inner tube part was inset when the exhaust was longer. you will need to cut that whole inner tube back 3/4 of an inch. Then just see where the holes were to hold the end piece in and drill new ones in the canister and bolt that back in. then put end cap on and re-install youre new custom shorty exhaust.

Yes, that's usually the case. The short length of MX exhausts serves a double purpose. It creates more bottom end grunt, good for powering out of corners. And it also keeps your expensive pipe from getting destroyed in a rear-end situation.

Of course pipe length isn't the only factor in determining where at in the rpms and how much power is achieved.

Back