Quad gear ratio chart

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Heres a chart to help plan any gearing changes, thought it might be convenient to have on the site.

quadgearratiochart26qj.jpg

what gearing works well on a warrior, 20 inch rears, for trail and woods riding

It depends on how you like to ride. Personally I like taller gearing better so I don't have to shift as often, and have better top speed, so I would prefer a 15/40 setup with 20" rears. If you're a slower rider that does a lot of technical stuff and put-putting around the trails you might want to go for lower gearing, like the stock setup (13/40), or 14/40 for something in between. The best way to make a choice really is to ride with your current gearing, and decide what you would like improved with it.

what gearing works well on a warrior, 20 inch rears, for trail and woods riding

It depends on how you like to ride. Personally I like taller gearing better so I don't have to shift as often, and have better top speed, so I would prefer a 15/40 setup with 20" rears. If you're a slower rider that does a lot of technical stuff and put-putting around the trails you might want to go for lower gearing, like the stock setup (13/40), or 14/40 for something in between. The best way to make a choice really is to ride with your current gearing, and decide what you would like improved with it.

Exactly, Go out in your local woods/track and see where you lie in your gearing, and whether you would like more low end, torque, at a sacrifice of a little more shifting. Or more of a top end and less torque with less shifting and strecthing out the gears a little more. It all depends on your personal riding style, and what you ride.
~Bill

14/40 is very nice for 20" tires and a few mods. The six speed trans allows you to still ride tight stuff and also have a higher top speed.

thanks I just wanted some opinions so I could figure out what I should get in the future, chains becoming a little worn out so I gotta feelling it may go soon.

I have 18" Fast Trekkers on the rear. What ration would be good for trail riding?

i'd say something around 15-40, that'll put it right around stock, maybe a little higher.

This is what I was looking for, I went with 20in rear tires and I shift all the time, thanks for the chart.

Wheelys need more power so you drop sprocket teeth top speed takes higher gears so you gain speed so it depends on how your bike is set up and what is already on it

I am a new member to this site. I can not open up the Quad gear ratio chart. What am I doing wrong?

That post is from 2005, the picture is old and he probably deleted the picture. Just google a gearing chart if you need one but honestly just search it on the forum or ask someone and they can help. Gearing is pretty easy.

Latest posts

Back