How to: Make a warrior drag quad:

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotcams77c

Reaction score
okay, this seems like a simple way to make a warrior a drag racing quad. Put blaster shocks or make solid steel bars up front to replace stock suspension.

Buy a Lonestar +14 for a banshee swinger.
Put it on your warrior, making a replacement for the stock shock, just a solid steel bar to ensure traction.

Buy chain to accomidate the extended swingarm.

Now you have your basic warrior "rail" ;D ::)

is it a good idea to have a solid shock/bar on the rear? i know its ok for the front for drag racing... but in the rear wouldnt it help to have alittle flex in the swingarm? i dunno if thats right or not for a quad lol never seen a drag quad b4.. oh an what about tires? thats something iv wanted to know for awhile.. where could i get some racing slicks or street tires for a quad??

oh and.. banshee swingarms work on a warrior??? what else works...?

just got a great idea ;D i should go find a 1000+cc street bike engine an turn my warrior into a drag bike ;D that would be so cool...... even tho i dont think ill do that... it would be great...............

Well, I was just thinking about if you had a wheelie bar, and how some banshee drag racers but a solid bar in the back so that they (the rider) can actually use their body weight for weight transfer (from front to back), you should be able to do it with a warrior. It wouldnt hurt to lose a couple races testing out your suspension and handling setup.

As for tires, junior drag slicks will work, you just gotta get them for the size wheel you have or what size wheel you want to use. (Mickey Thompson tires makes Jr. Drag slicks).

As for dirt, if nobody was worried about getting dirt thrown everywhere, I would personally use paddles.

DAMN those shocks are expensive for how much travel you must get like what 1",2"'s?Way to much for me Id just take regular shocks and cut the springs and PC the springs.

the shocks are for drag racing, travel doesnt matter lol and... $335 is expensive?? elka front shocks r like $700 :-/ unles u get the no reservoir version.. then like $400

(just guessing at the elka prices :p)

the shocks are for drag racing, travel doesnt matter lol and... $335 is expensive?? elka front shocks r like $700 :-/ unles u get the no reservoir version.. then like $400

(just guessing at the elka prices :p)

20 bucks to buy a spring compressor and cut the stock springs. ;D

does cutting springs help anything on a quad for drag racing?, on a car.. all cutting the springs will do is lower the car an bottom out in a hard turn on one side which is very bad, is it different for a quad? i guess it would be alittle different lol the shocks dont have 2000 pounds of car on them... oh and.. no turning in drag racing... i guess lol

Back