Got my K&N today

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
Got my K&N from UPS today. Hopefully this will lean out my warrior enough so I don't have to jet it. I still can't find a darn jet kit for an 87. If this works it will be the last mod that I do for a little bit. I machined the adapter myself. Last time I posted pics I hadn't put the o-ring groove in. I should have it all in by Saturday! ;D

BTW, 3 hours on the rebuilt engine and no problems. I can't wait to really open it up.

P2060002.jpg

P2060003.jpg

P2060004.jpg

Yeah I'll post some pics once I get it installed. I'll probably throw in a new plug right away too. That way I can check the mixture right away.

i had the same problem finding jets for my warrior, just take your jet out and bring it to a yamaha dealership, they can match it up just by looking at it, and they'll have a new one for you...or just give them the whole bike and let them jet it perfectly for your filter and all your other mods

Before:
P2070001.jpg

Adapter:
P2070002.jpg

Installed:
P2070006.jpg

It sure made a difference! The whole tone of the motor has changed and it seems to pull harder. I am sure I am hearing more intake noise now.

I am going to borrow the exhaust gas analyzer from work and check my mixture. I should be able to dial in the carb damn close with that. The only thing that might make a difference is that I won't be able to load the engine when its hooked up to the analyzer. I should be able to get close though. I can't wait to ride!!! ;D

yfm350rider14: I bought the filter and wrap of K&N's website. It was $42.62 for the filter and $24.68 for the wrap. Part #'s RU-1480 and RU1480 PK.

thnaks bro ill lookinto it did you need to jet or is t not like bog when you nail the gas

if u dont wanna spring 4 a eldel (godly carb) u can get a dail a jet and not have 2 wory bout a jet kit

Nevermind, I found it. I don't think that the dial a jet is going to help me since I am already running rich. I would have to put in a smaller jet for the dial a jet anyways. I might as well just jet it good once.

can you just buy a newer year warrior carb, or maybe a YFZ carb or something(if it will fit) if you cant find a jet kit for your year?

or an Edlebrock:)

Back