Pics of my finished rebuild and oil cooler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my rebuild as it was in process. Its now done and the engine is running. I put in a new con rod, rod bearing and wiseco piston (+1mm 10.25:1). I had to rebuild because I failed the rod bearing.

PC090012.jpg

PC090010.jpg

Suprisingly the transmission went together easily. I had no problems getting the gears to mesh and all the shafts to align.
PC090017.jpg

PC100001.jpg

PC100003.jpg

This is the first fit up of the oil cooler that I put on. The mounting looks pretty cheap but it holds the oil cooler on rock solid. I put hose clamps on everything before running the motor.

PC170008.jpg

The oil filter adapter that I bought was from a 94 kodiak. Its the exact same part as what is on the big bear. Also, I used Parker low pressure hydraulic hose rather than regular oil hose. This should be a lot more abrasion resistant than regular oil hose.

PC170010.jpg

PC170012.jpg

The oil cooler works great. Wiseco recommends 3 thermal cycles before putting the engine in gear and while running these the oil cooler warmed up quite a bit.

Right now I have the rear shock off and am trying to rebuild it or buy another off ebay. As soon as I get that back on then I can start driving it again! Does anyone have a spare stock rear shock they want to sell me?

Yeah, new oil pump. The shavings from the failed rod bearing tore it up pretty good. It might have been alright but there was no way that I wanted to chance it.

i had to rebuild once because of the old pump. it got stock and the quad just died

looks good. should i replace the oil pump in my quad before i but on the oil cooler. enjoy a cooler running quad.

I agree with death. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. I can definitely tell the difference with the oil cooler. Shifts are much crisper and stay that way. I can't wait until I get through the break in period and start running synthetic oil. It should shift awesome then.

Synthetic oil formulated for wet clutches/motorcycles is fine (Motorcycle/ATV Amsoil Full Synthetic). It’s the oil formulated for motor vehicles with detergents and additives that kill a wet clutch.

Wow you know there is not much difference between yours and mine. Can you tell the difference? It's not done yet Between work and a new baby I have no time for a quad.
100_1747.jpg

Latest posts

Back