Pics of my rebuild in process (56k beware)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
I posted a few times about my in process rebuild. I figured I could share a few pics while I wait for my parts to come in. For those of you who don't know, I recently failed a rod bearing while riding. While I have the engine apart I am having the cylinder bored +1 and putting in a 10.7:1 wiseco piston.

Frame.jpg

Here is my bucket of parts. It took me three hours to clean out all of the metal shavings in the parts washer.
parts.jpg

Here are my two crankcase halves. Suprisingly none of the bearings were damaged from all of the rod bearing metal shavings.
crank2.jpg

crank1.jpg

I have port matched and polished the intake and exhaust ports. I also polished the combustion chamber while I have been waiting for my rod and piston to come in. It's minor but every little bit helps. I didn't feel like droping out the valves so I didn't polish in by the valve stems. I am going to save that for when I get a new cam.
head.jpg

intake.jpg

exhaust.jpg

I am going to do the big bear oil cooler mod. This is the filter adapter that I bought off Ebay for $30. Its from a 94 Kodiak. It is the exact same part as on the big bear, even has the same yamaha part #.
oilcover.jpg

Here is the oil cooler that I am going to use. Its from a 22hp robin V twin (5x5x3/4). Its a bit smaller than the Hayden 401 but it still should be more than good enough and besides that, it was free!
oilcooler.jpg

This is a K&N filter adapter that I made in the lathe. All I have to do is drill a few holes in it now and buy my filter.
filteradapter.jpg

I'll post more pics when I start getting it back together.

It looks like you have yourself a project there! Are you going to use an O-Ring with your adapter plate for the filter? It looks great!

Yeah I plan on putting an O-ring in. I just have to find the right size O-ring first then I can put the adapter back in the lathe and cut out the right sized groove for it.

looks like a good project man... it cool u make your custom stuff u dont see that alot these days haha

Back