My 4yr old son

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Startin em out young I give you mad props man my dad hates my hobby he only wants me to play football since im pretty good at that (not to be cocky) and it was his favorite thing in highschool so cheers to supporting a future John Natalie (the guy who won the MX championship this year)

I've always loved football too, but its kinda hard to play it with a four year old. I find riding to be much better quality time with him. It's definitely exciting and nerve wrecking since a four year old has a short attention span and is distracted by anything that moves and some things that don't. Example: lizards run across the trail and suddenly hes looking backwards but still moving forwards! Usually that is followed by me yelling "WATCH WHERE YA GOIN SON!". It's great though. He weighs about 55lbs and his quad weighs around 150lbs. He has already turned it over at least six times and been bucked off many more. The worst time, I ran over and asked if he was alright. He responded by saying "I'm thusty".

I've always loved football too, but its kinda hard to play it with a four year old. I find riding to be much better quality time with him. It's definitely exciting and nerve wrecking since a four year old has a short attention span and is distracted by anything that moves and some things that don't. Example: lizards run across the trail and suddenly hes looking backwards but still moving forwards! Usually that is followed by me yelling "WATCH WHERE YA GOIN SON!". It's great though. He weighs about 55lbs and his quad weighs around 150lbs. He has already turned it over at least six times and been bucked off many more. The worst time, I ran over and asked if he was alright. He responded by saying "I'm thusty".
haha thats a tough little kid man its cool your startin him off early ;D

If you are familiar with the scale pediatricians use, he is in the ninety percentile on his height and ninety five on his weight. That means out of a hundred kids his age, he is taller than ninety and heavier than ninety five. Think most of that is BS personally. I'd say hes best suited for D-Line, FB, or LB though. He is a biggun for his age.

I played when I was young, but worked on my grandpa's farm in the afternoons after I got to middle school. I started to play my first year of high school, but when the coach said I wouldn't be starting varsity, I didn't figure it was worth the hassle of finding someone to come pick me up everyday after practice. I regreted it almost immediately. Not being cocky either, but I had a nack for football. Defensive line was my fave. I was slightly smaller than most and it seemed to give me an advantage because they would overlook me a lot.

We used to play a lot at a local unused park. No pads, full contact. After a few years though, everyone starts worrying about getting hurt and stopped playing. We went from around twenty players to maybe seven or eight before we quit our weekly games. I'm looking forward to when my son is big enough to play. But that will be his decision I won't try to urge him into it. He asks me to ride nearly everyday so I couldn't push that on him if I tried, but I'll encourage him on anything he wants to do. Didn't mean for this to be so long!

Back