Michigan U.P. pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Here are some pics of our u.p. trip last july:

What it looked like upon arrival and for the first three or four days:
badday1zj.jpg

What it looked like afterwards:
goodday5sf.jpg

Ever ride with a broken wrist?
brokenwrist3lu.jpg

Easy way to ease the pain!!! ;D
alky6kl.jpg

Mt Houghton, 1100 feet above superior ;D
mthoughton9wn.jpg

Friend at lake superior shore:
superiorbeach3ik.jpg

Probably why my bearings were so bad, it was over the seat in some quick ruts but didn't get stuck!!! ;D
beaverdam6vu.jpg

Copper Harbor, and you can see isle royal way off in superior:
copperharbor4ew.jpg

More obstacles on the beach:
dcp20572bu.jpg

dcp20580ub.jpg

I can't remember!!! :p ;D Actually I got pretty wasted the day I broke my wrist, almost fell on the tent trying to get inside! ;D Day after I used that strap in the picture to pull the clutch in and climb up Mt. Houghton over logs and **** up to 1100 ft on the gps. That was pretty fucked up to do one handed.

Here's a couple more:

Better have some good skids in the u.p.!!! :eek:
dcp21269wo.jpg

Road going back to the campsite:
dcp21567ox.jpg

It's ten or eleven hours north of us fish, almost the same distance as myrtle beach without leaving michigan!!! :eek: It gets much better than that, and much more dangerous death. That road gets some huge boulders and nasty erosion areas about four or so miles more in. I wish we would of had pics of the boulder field we found on the beach, every one of those fuckers was at least three feet in diameter and no dirt exposed underneath. Sport quads shouldn't be there unless the riders have quite a bit of experiece, theres quite a few areas where you can easily kill yourself if your going too quick. On the top of that mountain you can't tell but theres a cliff that goes three hundred feet straight down at least, and the trail is two way without a spot to turn around, can be easily mistaken to turn and drive off the cliff. On the beach theres a memorial actually where a kid drove a quad off a 20ft ledge and had it land on top of him in the water, was all jagged rocks there also, must of been nasty. The worst part is there's nothing up there once so ever, and hard telling how many hours to the nearest hospital. I think the nearest one would be in Houghton, a few hours back south. Expect some pretty harsh situations up there, almost guaranteed to break something on your quad, injure yourself, or deal with sudden 50 degree drops in temperature outside with 50mph winds. Place can get pretty ******* nuts! ;D ;D ;D

Here's even more...

Ever know that nasa launched rockets out of michigan, heres proof even though some stupid **** damaged the landmarker:
dcp20466pa.jpg

Taking a break at the bridge
dcp21008yc.jpg

Another of the mountain
dcp21024ah.jpg

Here's the cliff, my friend's standing at the edge
dcp21050hq.jpg

Another cool stretch of beach
dcp21252wk.jpg

A close up to the broken wrist fixer upper, never give up on riding!!! ;D
dcp21572hr.jpg

The u.p. is like a totally different state than the l.p., the dirt is all copper compounds so the mud is a bitch to get off, and the terrain is very mountainous and rocky. At the point the weather is about ten times as nuts as michigan's weather here, good idea to bring a lot of ******* off and rain gear, definately needed. Also a good idea to bring a somewhat high powered rifle, quite a few bears up there and no authorities.

Latest posts

Back