87 rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg that is the best 87 ive ever seen that thing is sick man i like the pipe and the fenders and everything about it haha ;Dgood job on that warrior

yea every thing looks great except the front end. mabey its just me but it looks to stubby and chopped but other than that its damn nice :eek:

Thanks-notmuch I could do about the front-no lights make it shorter looking!I am thinking maybee of going with the new maeir raptor plastics up front someday-what do you think?

that would really look sick with the raptor plastics up front... i kinnda like the front of yours tho its different

yamaharaptor350 is a post whore and a half, jeesh, just had to get that off my chest

btw, that thing is freakin` pimp, and clean as f__k, that thing kicks ass, how much did you dish out on that airbox? is it a UM????? anny info is appreciated

Thanks---I worked my ass off on that thing.The air box is CFM Performance,I scored it off of e-bay,I think it and the Uni cost $140-I do recomend it,I only had to change the main jet to 150 and a new needle,etc.The cover is shaped so that air comes through the sides of the top.For real wet stuff I might put a panty hose over the holes,but I prob will not need to.The crankcase vent goes into the box nicely,its a nice piece of aluminum and the quad definately has more power now ;)

How are the maier plastics durabilty compared to stock probally going to some some new ones for mine soon.

I do not think the front fenders are as good,but I like the rear very much.My hood is new o.e.m.-$$$$ :mad:
and it is much tougher plastic.Still,the color is good and the Maeir stuff is tough enough,just wish it fit better though.

yamaharaptor350 is a post whore and a half, jeesh, just had to get that off my chest

btw, that thing is freakin` pimp, and clean as f__k, that thing kicks ass, how much did you dish out on that airbox? is it a UM????? anny info is appreciated
i like to post yes but thats whats this sites all about talkin to people about your and otheres quads

yeah i understand that, but you say most things two times in one topic, dont get fussy go ride your bike instead of talking about it

;D

y cause i told him his bike looked good and then he asked if raptor plastics would look good on it so i told him it would... what the **** does it matter to ya anyway???

Holy cow, that is AWESOME. I was restoring an 87 Warrior too, but now I am depressed after seeing how nice yours looks ;-) Many, that plastic is SOOOO glossy! What is the piece for the bars, neutral and backup lights seen here:

th_topofquad.jpg

Here are pics of my 87: http://atsracing.net/warrior/

See ya,

Aaron

Aaron-thanks for props-I like your black and red-sweet.The barclamp I got on e-bay,it uses your old lights,works pretty good,looks better than the big chunk of plastic I think.I just got some RTC Racing alum levers and e-z pull clutch perch from them,still have not installed them.

Back