Direct shifter mod in conj with big bear cooler!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Here it is, made with nothing but a stock banshee lever and a tig welder:

Picture%20023.jpg

Sorry it took so long, had to wait till I got it mounted to show how it works, f*cking excellently!!! ;D Dam quad is still dirty, I'll post several more pics once the motor and other components are cleaned up a bit!

If anyone is interested in this project and needs some info I posted a tutorial about how to make the lever. :cool:

Well so far I have completed the assembly and test fitted the shifter (shown below). The shifter is held on there with a small tac weld - I will be migging it and painting it shortly. I did something a little different then box’s with this one; instead of cutting it in the middle and re-welding it I heated her up nice and hot with a torch and made a nice bend then dunked her. I also used a torch to straighten the bends in the shifter out instead of using a vice (pretty much I will use any excuse to play with my torch ;D::)).

Test model:

shifter.JPG

I let my friend keep the torch, I was ******* around with the thing waaaay too much!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back