gettin ready for paint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tistheman5

Reaction score
going to paint my spindles.

anyone got any ideas about a good spray paint thats the same color as my frame? ;D

Duplicolor metalcast red with the metalcast basecoat. Closest thing to the candy apple red i have found, it doesnt have to be a super tough paint, the spindles rarely contact anything else. Metalcast is the only paint i can think of though

well i got them done ;D
yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-368476.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-368477.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-368479.jpg

not reall good photos, but I just got them done and it was
inside. ill get some better ones tomorow.
thanx DSWwarrior350, matches pretty good :)

o yea and one that one pic of the front one, i am going to put some of that paint on a small brush and get around the nut.

Looks really good, im glad i could help you, it is a pretty darn close match, if its not the same its off by a very very slight amount and i cant tell. lol the ring around the nut on my hubs isnt painted either it actually looks kinda cool to me.

Hey, did you do any sanding or other prep work before hand? I'm going to paint the footrests on mine since I bent the **** out of one and had to buy a replacement, so I was going to repaint both yellow while ones taken off. Was just curious to make sure the paint is a little tougher since it'll have contact with my feet often.

Boxhead. If you want just a yellow i would go with rustoleaum industry strength. I painted my healgaurds with it and its been golding up quite well, i used black though but im sure you can find it in yellow. It did chip in some spots but i dont think they make a paint that wont chip. If you were to paint them in black i would buy duplicolor truck bed liner in a spray can, i used it to paint my footpegs it held up alot better than i thought it would. If you have any more questions about painting you can pm me ive done a very large amount of painting in the last couple of years and i think im getting pretty good.. I should make a painting topic in the tutorials section. Ill work on that tonight.

Back