OK...what do ya think!!!UPDATED!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad04warrior

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a rim I painted. Its a black with silver flakes. It looks sweet in the sun. Pics dont really show its true look. I was suprised on how good it turned out. Pretty tought too. I was throwin some rocks at it and it holds up. This is just temporary...when these goto crap Ill throw some beadlocks on.
yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-319111.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-319113.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-319114.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-319115.jpg

What do you guys think

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-322482.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-322483.jpg

yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-322481.jpg

What do you guys think ;D

I got the paint at autozone. I also got a wheel clearcoat. With alot of prep work and taking your time It'll look nice. Its a Duplicolor black metallic textured paint.

hey! i have that same paint...cept i got it at wallyworld...they sell everything! even spinny hubcaps for cars...i suggest everyone go buy some spinny hubcaps...they're $20

Tell me what you guys think now...When I get my warrior back Ill trhrow them on and get some pics.

I could tell as soon as I took them out of the box. I was shocked at how heavy they were. But it wont slow me down... ;)

yeah when I was mounting them the ring got a little beat up so I stripped it all down and I think it looks really good. I put them next too my bros blaster and I lnow its gonna look sharp

What kind of prep work did you have to do on the rims? I was thinking about painting mine this summer... Maybe you could post something in the tutorials section if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

I could probably do that. Right now it does kinda chip. When they were getting mounted. So Im gonna clear coat it with some car clear coat cuz that stuff gets nice and hard compared to spray paint. Ill let yall know how it works. Polished aluminum is hard to paint Ill tell ya that much.

yeah....maybe some light sanding and maybe heat them up alittle with a torch to give the paint something to stick to ....but yeah iv painted alot of stuff and let me tell ya theres nothing worse then geting to the last coat and something runs or when you start out its not cleaned up good enough and theres some oil or something on it and it bubbles up :mad: :'(....nothing to do but to strip back down and try again.....also some times its better to put the next coat on befor the paints completly dry...just as it gets to the tacky stage put the next coat on so the paint sticks better...and remember when painting things that rust to put down a primer ...but i think i have an idea for my front rims....will see ...

Latest posts

Back