aftermarket suspension

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garretthinojosa

Reaction score
is there a huge difference +2 hsd aarms and some works shocks with ressies, and stock because i dont want to spend that much, and there not be a big diff.?

Anything is a huge difference with +2 arms, as for shocks the warrior is a bigger difference than the rap350. Stock warrior shocks were garbage while the rappy has dualrates stock. Any aftermarket suspension components will give you a much better ride when they are built and tuned to your specs.

with the suspension that i said will it be better than a yfz suspension???? ???

Yes if the shocks are built for your weight and riding style. If you mean better than yfz shocks attached on your rappy or warrior than definately, those are too stiff and intended for much longer arms and a different geometry, with more leverage. The yfz setup on a warrior or rappy will put quite a bit of stress on your ball joints from the shocks pushing the arms too far down and out of their intended range of motion.

Yes if the shocks are built for your weight and riding style. If you mean better than yfz shocks attached on your rappy or warrior than definately, those are too stiff and intended for much longer arms and a different geometry, with more leverage. The yfz setup on a warrior or rappy will put quite a bit of stress on your ball joints from the shocks pushing the arms too far down and out of their intended range of motion.

my raptor fronts are holdin in.. had em in for a year now.. also.. the ball joints show NO signs of going out yet..

I've had my yfz shocks on stock a-arms and haven't had a lick of trouble either... I just took a trip to the dunes and gave them a good poundin' and the arms and shocks held up great.

Picture006.jpg

The yfz has the advantage in having better geometry and more travel, but longer arms and aftermarket shocks will definately take you there. As for the the rappy and yfz shocks on the warrior the rappy would be a wiser choice, they are a similar weight and also much closer in width.

With just my a-arms and the stockers tightened up its a huge difference in cornering an stability I love it now when my shocks get here tuesday or wednesday ill tell ya how much of a difference it makes.Anything is alot better then the stock ****** pogo sticks

The yfz has the advantage in having better geometry and more travel, but longer arms and aftermarket shocks will definately take you there. As for the the rappy and yfz shocks on the warrior the rappy would be a wiser choice, they are a similar weight and also much closer in width.
so your sayin a raptor 350 would do better with yfz shocks.. i want to get yfz fronts but i dont wanna go threw bearings like crazy.. .::)

Back